Thursday, April 25, 2013

How Fast Time Flies!

          It's been quite a while since I've been able to post...life got in the way with health problems for my husband, a busier job for me, and the passing of a very dear aunt.  A blessing that came from my aunt's passing (if you can call  a sad happening that), was a unique opportunity to "meet" a number of my family members "on line".

          I found out late last year that my mother's family has a closed group on Facebook; when I joined, it was a delightful family reunion of sorts...I have had a fantastic time getting acquainted with so-o many cousins I honestly didn't know I had!!

          Life has a bad habit of getting in the way sometimes and we get so wrapped up in our own "happenings" that other things get put aside, not on purpose, but just because of the concentration we must give our immediate family's situation.

          In my case I'm having a second chance...I've found that my extended family is caring, delightful, funny, and just absolutely wonderful folks.  My mother was the oldest of 12 children; I am the oldest grandchild...so you can imagine what a large group of cousins (and their families) I'm in touch with now.

          I only have one aunt and one uncle left.  I've been given a chance to catch up, thanks to a innovative cousin, through Facebook, and find out what I've been missing. 
Am I going to make up for lost time?  You bet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment